Monday, May 1, 2023

Time to Milk!



 All of our goat kids are ready to be weaned and it's time to get a milking schedule set. I am so excited to get back to making goat cheese and soap! Our cows are due in June and they have to be milked in the mornings so I am thinking late afternoon for these girls. The milking area is all cleaned up and we are ready to go.

Though we had 3 does that kidded I'll only be milking 2. Both are pretty heavy producers and I am sure that they will provide all we need.

Today I milked MT (short for Mistletoe, she was born on Christmas eve) she is getting up there in years and I may try for a little doe one more time before retiring her.  She milks a ton. Today I got 3/4 of a gallon. It is strained and in the freezer for making soap soon. The other doe will go on the schedule next week when her kids leave.

Off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment