Monday, May 22, 2023

Putting Up Chicken

 Today all the chicken we butchered Saturday had to be packaged and put in the freezer. I chugged an extra cup of coffee, did morning chores and got started. Since I vacuum seal everything it usually takes a good bit of time. 

It did. 4 hours later I had 85 pounds of chicken packaged and in the freezer. What a good feeling to have that much tucked away! We are still debating as to whether to do a fall round. My sis and youngest son want some for their freezers. I don't think we will need much more with the quail coming along. I need to inventory and organize what we have to make sure.
The boys laid down our last 2 hay fields. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 or so acres. I think all of this is slated to be round baled. 
I harvested a few herbs and more garlic scapes which I will share with sis. It's dry so I am having to water things daily. After the hay is up I will pray for rain! Life is good on the homestead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment