Tuesday, May 16, 2023

It's Good to Have a Plan B

 

Yes a plan B is a good thing. After morning chores, my plan A was to catch up some laundry, run a load of dishes, finish up the boiled peanuts I started yesterday and make the garlic scape compound butter. I had also planned to go with sis and tidy up Mom and Dad's house next door. I got back in around 10:30 with fresh basil from the garden AND the power went out. Grrr... Sis called shortly after and said she had gotten a text that it would not be back on until 2:30. 

Well poop. I knew we still had a few things in the greenhouse that needed to go in the garden but planting them would mean hauling water from the rain catchment barrels at the barn. Extra work but doable. Off I went to see what we had. 

We still had San Marzano tomatoes, various flowers and more basil. I loaded up, filled buckets with water and got busy. Another 24 tomatoes in, that puts us right at 100. I planted some statice for cut flowers and another 6 basil plants. I harvested a few more garlic scapes and planted some echinacea in the medical herb bed. 

Yes those are onions to the right of the tomatoes. Looks like I know what tomorrow's chore will be. Weeding!


No comments:

Post a Comment