Thursday, May 25, 2023

Sad Morning, Moving On

 Well, our baby lamb did not survive. I am sad but know that I did my best and that's what will bring me peace. Sometimes the momma knows there is something not right and will reject the baby. I think she knew and now I am not so put out with her. 

I had an extra cup of coffee. Sucked it up and got busy. On the list for today was to can up some broth that was left from boiling a chicken. It was not much but waste not, want not and every little bit counts. I have an electric Carey canner and it is perfect for small batch canning.
Next I sliced the compound butter and put on a pan to freeze. After it was hard, I dropped it in bags and popped it in the freezer for use throughout the coming year. I do think I need one more batch! We enjoyed it on a baked potato and slathered on crusty bread, oh my gosh... deliciousness! One family member has been frying her eggs in it. Next on my list to try! 
Thursday is house cleaning day. Checked that off the list. 
I got a call saying our sweet potato slips had arrived. I hurried off to get them. We are supposed to get some much needed rain this weekend so the next couple of days we hope to get them in and catch up some garden chores. 
Lastly we got the tomatoes staked and the row tilled for the sweet potatoes. We use cattle panels and T-posts. They are all set and tomorrow I will tie them up. 
Just another day... on the homestead.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment