Tuesday, May 30, 2023

 Up early to watch my two favorite munchkins. My granddaughters, age 2 and 4. They are the light of my life and I am so grateful they live right next door. I refereed 2 stroller arguments, colored pictures, played with bubble blowers and learned that Blank, the oldest's blanket was not feeling well. When I asked why I was told she had opened the car door and had fallen out and a car ran over her. I said I do imagine she's not feeling well! I think she was better by the time I left. :-)

Back on the homestead I finished up morning chores that had not gotten done before I left. I fixed Hubby some lunch and made a dish for my parents. I went to visit them opting to take the Gator and before I got there the Heavens opened up. That was my first shower of the day. We had a nice visit and when the rain let up I headed down the hill to Sis's house. We harvested 2 kinds of cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and lettuce.

Next on my list was to do some weeding since we had gotten all that rain over the weekend. (2 1/2 inches!) Strawberries were the first thing I wanted to get done. About 10 minutes in, the Heavens once again opened up. The dogs and I ran to the tractor shed but not before I was soaked. Shower #2. After it quit I went back to the garden and did manage to finish the row of strawberries. 

On to afternoon chores. I had let the sheep out while I worked in the garden and could keep a close eye on them. I was trying to get everyone back where they belonged - no one was cooperating and it started to rain again. Once again I got soaked. Shower #3 made me grumpy. I don't think the sheep helped my mood much either. Finally afternoon chores finished up, I headed to the house to get a dry shirt and wash lettuce for our supper tonight. Grilled chicken salads are on the menu tonight. Hope your day was dryer than mine! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment