Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day

 I spend Sunday mornings planning my week, making out my menus and making a grocery list if I need anything. Today I had to clean my kitchen before I could even start. I am not sure how 2 people that cooked a hot dog could have created such a disaster, but we did!

I finished up and baked a small pound cake and made some homemade chocolate syrup to enjoy with fresh strawberries and whip cream this evening. Most of our family would be here to celebrate mother's day with my mom and me. Though I usually cook this year I opted for take out Italian. 

We worked in the yard tidying up before everyone arrived and I finally got a few pots planted. Way behind on that chore!

I headed down to do the finish the last of the animal chores and found a huge black snake in the nesting boxes. Earlier than usual this year I think. I dumped him in a garbage can and hauled it to the back of our property. I am sure he or she will be back in a week or so...

See ya later my not so little friend..

I hope everyone's day was as blessed as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment