Saturday, January 28, 2012

Countdown to Kidding

I can't believe we are only a month away from kidding. The girls are really beginning to show nice round bellies and a couple are starting to show signs of a filling udder. Next weekend we plan to clean stalls and fill with fresh shavings.  The milking parlor will need to be cleaned as well and I need to check on birthing supplies. Yikes!
After feeding today, I headed to the garden. I was shocked at the amount of broccoli raab I harvested. This vegetable is the energizer bunny of the broccoli world!  Though the broccoli puts out a few side shoots at the time, this plant is covered in the long slender raab shoots. I have found it keeps better too. We have ordered two different varieties to grow again in the fall.  This one is called Apollo.
On a mission to create a broccoli recipe....

No comments:

Post a Comment