Monday, May 18, 2020

Today I spent a lot of time preparing for the upcoming rain. I opened up the barn so all of the animals would have ample space to move around since no sheep or goat in their right mind would stand out in the rain and the overhang would probably get a bit crowded! I scattered extra hay buckets to fill tomorrow and hope that everyone plays nice.
I also moved the second round of meat birds to the brooder. It has been so cool and windy I wanted them to have a little age on them before going out.

Late in the afternoon I was able to snap a couple of pics of the Canadian Goose babies that hatched a few weeks ago. We have a love hate relationship with them but it has been fun watching them grow. In all the years we have been here (29) we have not had any nest on our pond.
Every afternoon they bring the babies up to the barn to clean up any feed the goats have left.
Once the babies feather out and are big enough, I plan to let them know their lease is up and they need to move on!
Late that evening Hubby and I tag teamed the new orchard getting it mowed and trimmed before the rains came. However, the rains came early and we both got soaked. The orchard is settling in nicely and we even picked a handful of blueberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment