Monday, May 25, 2020

Pools And Poultry

Happy Memorial Day!
Up early to check the pool situation. We cleaned the pump filters, checked lines and turned it back on. It does not seem to be leaking and the water is circulating enough that I can begin to kill off the algae. There are still some issues going on and we will have to wait until repair people make it out. But for now it is limping along.

Then it was on to my next project, freezing the chickens butchered Saturday. This would not have taken 3 hours had I not kept having interruptions. The first was hubby. He needed lunch. The second was my favorite form of work stoppage, my granddaughter. They came in to pick up some of the chicken to cook tonight. At 15 months old she is a pure joy to be around. Then it was a phone call from my sister saying a neighbor needed some hay for their newly purchased horse. I finally got them done. We got right at 50 pounds of meat from the 15 birds. Half we left whole and the rest we cut up.
 We are extremely pleased with these birds. The last few times we have butchered we have been late getting to them and they were pretty big. Not a bad thing for a pot of dumplings but not the best for grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment