Sunday, June 15, 2014

Let The Harvest Begin

I had hoped Doug would take this Father's Day to do something fun for himself. He worked on the new hay baler. I crossed my eyes but he assured me that was fun. Okay.
The garden was over flowing with lots of fresh veggies and I spent several hours picking the bounty. About 1 1/2 bushels of green beans, lots of squash and cucumbers were harvested. I pulled a few heads of garlic and picked a few more tomatoes.
I am somehow going to have to get things preserved next week. Not an easy task as my boss is going on a mission trip and I have the store for the week!
Next on the list was to check the bees for mites. We opted for a greased sheet put in the hive for 24 hours and we check mite count tomorrow. The hives look good and strong. Lots of brood and lots of bees!!


No comments:

Post a Comment