Monday, June 16, 2014

A Freezer Full Of Fowl

I usually take a little extra time on Mondays to collect my thoughts and plan my week. Not so today as I had a long list to complete. The first, of course, was to get the chickens butchered on Saturday packaged and frozen. Today I would be doing this solo since Mom was still at the beach. After a quick cup of coffee, I got started, stopping only once to have a quick farm tour at 1. I finally finished around 3 and spent the next 30 minutes scouring the kitchen because next on the list was to can green beans.
I still had chores to do, supper to cook, Jill and Mom's to tend so it was late in the day before I got started.
Only 7 quarts today and those came of the stove at 10:15 p.m. I have a couple of hours on Wednesday in between shifts at the store so my plan is to finish then.
Very exciting to see the freezers and pantry beginning to fill once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment