Monday, June 23, 2014

Doug did get the corn in yesterday. I did not get the green beans in until this afternoon. I was in the garden dripping with sweat when he came in and drove straight to the barn to begin working up the fields again. He stopped and asked what was for supper. Don't know was my answer. He looked at his watch. I have 2 hours don't I? Yes, but I didn't want you to forget. FORGET!? I resisted the childish urge to stick out my tongue. We have been married 23 years. I have never FORGOTTEN to fix supper. Opted out on occasion but never forgotten. Men..
Supper turned out to be a tasty concoction of zucchini stuffed with lots of fresh veggies from the garden, covered with homemade spaghetti sauce from the pantry and smothered with mozzarella cheese. A side of slaw with the cabbages harvested this weekend completed the meal.
After supper I ran the green beans, that were also picked over the weekend, through the frencher and got them canned.
And the good news is that if I forget to cook supper tomorrow night we have plenty of leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment