Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Can you hear me screaming rain, rain, go away? Arghhhh.... another inch today. I don't remember the last time it was this wet.
The greenhouse is saving my sanity though and I spent quit a while with my sister transplanting the tomatoes and peppers we started a couple of weeks ago.


San Marzano paste tomatoes and Better Boys-one of the few seeds we bought that are not open pollinated. Better Boys are among our favorite for canning and freezing. Orange bell peppers, sweet banana and jalapenos .We transplanted 4 flats- a total of 144 plants!
The lettuce is looking good. Ready to go in the ground. If only mother nature would cooperate!
Next week it will be time to put the celery transplants in larger pots. We will also be starting the heirloom  tomatoes and celeriac.



No comments:

Post a Comment