Friday, February 8, 2013

All Hands On Deck

Well, Pegasus is definitely feeling better even though he looks like hell. The first day I could handle him by myself. The second, my mom and I. Yesterday, it was all Doug and Luke could do to hold him while I doctored his eye and gave him his shots. As of now, he does not see out of that eye and I really don't look for him to regain his sight.
The rains came again last night. water is standing everywhere. I had hoped it would dry a bit so we could get the new garden turned. Looks like that will be on hold a bit longer.
Earlier this week we worked in the greenhouse transplanting broccoli and cauliflower. We also started tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and celery. Today we transplanted cabbage and oregano. We also started several varieties of zinnias, hollyhocks, chives and marigolds. The lettuce is big enough to transplant. Next week we will put in larger pots.
Cabbage transplants...
Looking good!
 Though chilly outside, the greenhouse was warm and cozy. A little piece of summer on a February day!

No comments:

Post a Comment