Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rain, Rain

I shouldn't complain...we closed out our year with an 8 inch deficit but in the last couple of weeks mother nature is trying to catch up. Days on end have been gloomy and spitting moisture. This past weekend was glorious only to have the rains arrive again yesterday and promise to stay the week. A person can only do so many inside projects before beginning to feel an intense need to snatch out her hair! Oh, I love a rainy day, even a couple in a row, but days on end tend to test my sanity. Then there are the feeding chores. It must be done rain or shine of course. With this much rain, slogging around the barn is just downright yucky. And just in case you didn't know, chicken poop is slippery. It is slippery on a dry day and like a patch of ice when it has gotten wet. So feeding the chickens has become a very treacherous chore with me slip sliding  into the coop to fill feeders and toss greens to the girls. It would make for a VERY bad day if I were to fall...I shudder to think. I guess one could call this motivation to finish the roof?
I have done  few constructive things while housebound...
English muffins were made...
A new burger bun recipe was tried...
I picked up and divided our coop order..
And I thought about defrosting the freezers, but that was as far as I got. Thinking about it I mean.


2 comments:

  1. Do you have a recipe for those English muffins you could post? They look fantastic and I bet my family would love them. Did the burger buns come out good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be glad to. I will try to get them posted later today on the Eating Blog. And yes the buns were awesome. I plan to make some more today adding some sprouted wheat flour. Will post that as well.

    ReplyDelete