Friday, June 17, 2011

The Pickl-It

  
They say three times is the charm. I certainly hope so. After trying to make sauerkraut twice before I was about ready to give up until I saw this Pickl-It advertised in one of my Weston Price publications. I read about it and decided, what the heck, I will give it one last go. Besides I can always use it as my kombucha jar if all else fails! It arrived today and I couldn't wait to try it, so I spent the evening shredding cabbage and got started. I layered and salted until finally it was full. I did have to add brine since it has been so dry my cabbage did not have a lot of moisture. Lid snapped on and now all I have to do is wait 7-10 days. I am already planning reuben sandwiches for next week ;o)) Hmmm.. I have to corn a beef roast first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment