Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Going to School

It has been a long time since I have been in a classroom setting. Tonight is our first night of a 12 week bee keeping series. We had bees several years ago and though we watched videos and read books it was still a challenge and then after a horrible ice storm lost all of our hives. So the equipment and hives have been patiently waiting in the basement for us to start again. It is our hope to finish this course and begin keeping bees once again. Since I bake with honey and probably go through somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 -30 gallons a year, I am sure it will be well worth the effort!

3 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    I'm taking advantage of this posting to generally respond. Thank you for taking the time to document your experiences on at Maple Lane. It is such fun to follow along with all that is required to create and maintain this life you have chosen. An inspiration indeed! And I do love the photography as well. . .
    Blessings, blessings, blessings, M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Kelly!! My 2 hives are doing well!! Where are you taking your classes??
    I look forward to seeing you!! We need a coffee night!!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks M and Chris~ We are taking classes at the extention office. 61 students this year!

    ReplyDelete