Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stepping Forward

I awoke this morning with wet cheeks. I am sure I was crying in my sleep. I don't have many days when I truely don't want to get up, but today was one of those. However, I was expected at work and had bread to bake. Routine can be a good thing.
The evening chores were done somberly. My husband kept me company while I milked the goats. The heart of our homestead is missing and we both are very sad, but this too shall pass and we will move on and begin a search for another milk cow in the near future. We are also beginning to make plans for a beef herd as well and that gives me something to focus on in the mean time. Many thanks to all who helped us this past week and all of the support from a lot of very dear people!

No comments:

Post a Comment