Friday, March 12, 2010

Sad News

After a restless night I got up early to check the ewe that was having problems from yesterday. Unfortunately she did not make it through the night. I am devastated. Not only have I lost a great ewe, I also lost the twins she was carrying. Raising sheep is not for the faint of heart I was once told. I am inclined to agree. As I spoke to another breeder (and mentor) today, she reiterated the fact that in raising sheep, we all question our sanity at times. And we do this WHY? For the love of the breed, the love of the animal.... I had to work today so to make this even harder I was unable to get a necropsy done to even find the true reason for her death. And so we bury her, thank her for her life, her contribution to our farm and pray there is truly a rainbow bridge that these fine and faithful animals cross over..

No comments:

Post a Comment