Friday, June 2, 2023

Adding To The Pantry

 While picking up a few things at the grocery store today I ran across a super sale on mushrooms. Pound packages were 2.00 off making them a little over a dollar. I grabbed 12 pounds 6 for me, 6 for sis. I also got a couple of 1/2 pound packs of cremini to go on the menu sometime in the next few days. I am down to 2 jars of home canned mushrooms so this was a great find!

A few hours later I added 12 more jars to the pantry! While processing the mushrooms I loaded up my dehydrator with some shredded zucchini that was starting to look a little rough. I also put a couple of trays of the last of the garlic scapes in there.


Once done, I powdered the scapes and put the zucchini in a jar. I'll use the scapes for seasoning and I may powder the squash. I've read that it can be substituted for a portion of flour in some recipes. That may fun to try. 

A good day of preserving here on the homestead!

No comments:

Post a Comment