Monday, June 5, 2023

 This morning I got up to check the farm Facebook page, drink my coffee and do morning chores before starting the day. Welp, my Facebook has been hacked. To be quite honest it wouldn't really matter other than I am in several groups on messenger and that is the only way they communicate. I messed with trying to recover it for a while but I seriously do not have the time for such nonsense. Wouldn't the world be a better place if all these people would put their time into doing something constructive instead of destroying things. Very frustrating and of course there is not a human to be found to help with this mess. I gave up.

Then I went on to do what was on my list. Make soap! My daughter-in-law's sister is expecting and wanted soap for her shower favors, plus we have been out for a while and we hate store bought soap. I was on a roll and had planned to pour 32 pounds since it is a messy process but of course I would run short on olive oil. Sigh, only got 16 pounds poured. That will be about 52 bars.


 
I finished up the afternoon weeding in the garden and medicinal herb beds. They have started filling in and look lovely. 

The best part of my day was picking the first handful of green beans! They are on the menu for tomorrow night. Probably steamed with that compound butter I made. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment