Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Welcome New Baby!

 Out doing morning chores and I spied this little munchkin! I left them alone for the time being and finished my morning rounds while in my head rearranging today's to-do list. Cleaning the milking area just got moved to the top of it. I needed to do a few things inside before I wanted to tackle that.

I unmolded the soap I poured yesterday to let dry for a day before slicing. I pulled out all of my milking equipment and got it all washed up and ready to go. The wheelbarrow I needed to clean out the stanchion area still had plants in it, so I finally got them in pots. 

Then I got to shoveling! A short while later it was all cleaned out  and full of fresh shavings. 


 While cleaning Violet brought the baby up to see what I was doing. It's a boy! He is so cute. I LOVE baby cows. We will start our milking routine in a day or so all the while I'll keep a close eye on her to make sure she's doing well 


Enough loving on new baby, afternoon chores called. I finished with the other animals, got some weeding and watering done before time to get some supper on the table. 
Happiness is a new baby cow.. on the homestead!


No comments:

Post a Comment