Saturday, June 17, 2023

Sourdough Sadness

 This morning I went to feed my sourdough starter and was so sad when I saw a large pink blob sitting in the middle of it. My dear friend had somehow gotten contaminated. It was with a heavy heart I dumped her in the trash can. You may wonder, why so sad? She is a workhorse in my kitchen producing everything from crackers to bread to pop tarts! But not to worry I always keep an extra one (or two) in the fridge. Ever heard the saying two is one and one is none? It's so true! I pulled baby starter out got her fed and we are back in business. She is happily bubbling away on the counter once again.

Today was the first canning project from the gardens. 
I canned 7 quarts of green beans and added them to the pantry shelves. The squash and cucumbers are slowly coming in along with a handful of peppers. It's a strange garden year. we are actually still harvesting broccoli and that should have been long done. That's ok, we will enjoy and be thankful! Life is good on the homestead.


No comments:

Post a Comment