Saturday, June 10, 2023

Another Mega Mushroom Haul

 Yesterday evening Sis called from the grocery store and had found a bunch more mushrooms marked way down. I told her to grab me 6 more pounds. I had planned to help plant potatoes today but hubby got that chore and I canned mushrooms. 


I got 9 half pints and 3 pints. 
While canning I made one last batch of scape/basil compound butter. I'm sorry to see them end! At least we have a few pounds in the freezer until next year. I mixed up a loaf of bread and joined hubby in the garden. There were a few potatoes left so we planted a couple of short rows in the smaller gardens. More green beans were picked and we worked on the never ending weed invasion. Then it was time to do afternoon chores.
Another productive day ... on the homestead!


No comments:

Post a Comment