Saturday, April 27, 2013

Planting Paste Tomatoes

Today another 38 tomatoes went in the garden. 32 were various varieties of paste tomatoes. San Marzano, Speckled Roman and Heinz Paste were names of those I planted. I use this type to dehydrate each year. I also planted a few Cherokee Purple, one of my favorite fresh eating tomatoes and a couple of cherry tomatoes called Velvet Red.
Also planted today was the flat of marigolds I had gotten from my greenhouse raid earlier this week. Some cilantro and chives were tucked in the herb bed.
It was a cloudy day, but nice, so we spent most of it working in the yard and garden. Tomorrow is supposed to be a wash out with lots of rain. The rain will be welcome since most of the garden is now planted and it should make everything very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment