Saturday, April 23, 2011

Planting Tomatoes

Today I planted tomatoes- 54 to be exact. Several heirlooms, some romas and the rest were Better Boys. They are by far my favorite for canning and freezing and since I used my last jar this past week I need to do a lot of that this year. I still have several to go in the ground that I started from seed and that will put our first planting at about 70 plants. Next month I plant to start more seeds for a July planting. I also planted several pepper plants and weeded, always weeding to be done! Things are really starting to take off with the rain and warmer weather. The kale has completely gone to seed but the honey bees are really enjoying it, so until we need the row, I am going to let it stay -plus it is still quite tasty!




No comments:

Post a Comment