Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Kids and Lambs Too!!




Two of the last three dairy does kidded this past week. (only one to go!) Two more bucks and a doe. So that makes out of 36 kids, 13 does. At this point I was finding it just plain funny. Until this morning -- the first two lambs were born and, yep, you guessed it, rams. Of course one would be a spotted badger and absolutely gorgeous.

At the mid day lamb check I discovered one of the ewes in labor. I waited for her to give birth. She was starting to struggle a bit so I assisted just slightly. I was glad I was there as she delivered one huge RAM lamb.

And so it starts. Another lambing season has begun! If I had planned it a little better I would have had kidding season over with a week or two break. Ah well.. maybe next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment