Saturday, March 2, 2013

To Market, To Market

It's been a long time since I have done a farmer's market. Between working part time, baking almost daily and the farm there's not a lot of extra hours left in a week. Weekends are the only time Doug and I can tag team heavy chores and so I hesitate to commit. I received a phone call on Wednesday inviting me to an "artisan" market (is that what they are called these days?) that will be held the first Saturday of each month at the William Sonoma store in Birkdale Village. It is an afternoon market from 2 -6. Hmmmmm...
After giving it a bit of thought I decided I could probably do a weekend each month and being that they supply the table and covering, well, hey, all the better.
I baked for the store this morning and then started on what I was taking to the market. Since it was snowing, I decided to go light and test the water. Today they held the little market inside. We had a meat vendor and she donated beef for sampling which brought in a fairly good crowd. It was pretty good considering the weather. All my bread went out and about 1/2 the eggs. Honey sold too. As soon as the weather warms we will move outside on the sidewalk. The ladies working in the store were awesome and the customers were fun to talk to. So, we have committed to doing it for the next few months. If you are in the area stop by and say hello! Next market will be April 6th...

No comments:

Post a Comment