Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Preparing For Surgery

Finally, surgery has been scheduled for 1 week from today. Of course there are a million and one things to do, strict instructions on feeding & milking routines and checking the animals and garden.
The good news is that I don't have to be at the hospital until 10:30, so I can milk and feed before I leave. I will have to be down next Thursday but my mom has stepped up to the plate and offered to milk.
So this coming weekend will be a flurry of activity. Checking eyes again, trimming hooves and rearranging critters to make it as easy as possible for the caretakers. It is Murphy's Law---if I don't do this, SOMETHING will happen! I will need to make sure there is enough feed for all the hungry mouths.
I plan get as much of the garden bounty processed as I can. Grapes are ready to be picked and the eggplant are abundant. The okra is starting to put on in great quantities as well. Thankfully other crops are at a lull and it looks like the butter peas are a couple of weeks out. So off I go to make lists, lists and more lists!!

No comments:

Post a Comment