Friday, July 1, 2011

Garlic and Potatoes


My husband is home for a holiday weekend. Our first chore of the day was to sort the potatoes and top the garlic. Potatoes were done and put in the cool basement to store for the winter. On to the garlic. That finished, I headed to the barn to milk and he headed to the garden to till the rows where the potatoes had been and ready the ground for the crowder peas and late drying beans. I planted drying beans called Hutterite and Tiger's Eye. I also replanted the green beans that I thought had not germinated well, but think now that the chickens may have been enjoying sprouts instead. Finally the crowder peas went in and we got the corn weeded. The better part of the day was gone so we finished up with the evening chores and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment