Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Finally some nice weather has arrived. Today one of the interns arrived to help deal with the berry patches. First we cut all the old canes out of the blackberries. They should have been long ago pruned but that just didn't happen. We will just have to see what happens this year.
Next we weeded to raspberries and transplanted quite a few that had hopped out of the row. They will need to be staked up very soon.
I had hoped to get to the blueberries but we ran out of time. They are covered with blooms. Mother nature willing with no more heavy freezes, we should have another good crop this year. I hope so since we are down to two bags in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment