Monday, February 4, 2019

Spring Pruning

It was a glorious day here on the homestead! Almost 70*! Just what I needed to sooth my cold winter soul.
I hurriedly got the must do inside things done. A couple of loads of laundry and bill paying. (BLUCK)

Then I was out to feed the cows hay and let the chickens out to forage. I checked the small winter plot we had planted but was very disappointed. It had gone in way too late and the few turnips of eating size were bitter. Thank goodness for sis's winter garden. From hers we are still harvesting greens, cabbage and broccoli.
Today was grape vine pruning day. I absolutely hate to prune. I have written about this before. It almost physically hurts to cut the vines back. My head knows it's for the best... my heart says Ow Ow Ow. Last year the grapes set a ton of fruit. Sadly because of the rain and humidity they rotted in the vines.
The vines before

After..

  A little moral support from Ziva and the rams!

No comments:

Post a Comment