Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Canning Hot Dog & Hamburger Chili

We had hamburgers this past weekend. My favorite way to eat one is a big sloppy burger with chili, slaw, onions and pickles. I usually make a large batch of chili and freeze in smaller containers. I pulled a container out of the freezer and starting heating it up. It was enchilada sauce. Oops! I plowed through the freezer. Sauce, sauce, sauce. No chili. MUST HAVE CHILI. Thankfully Dad came to the rescue and had some in his freezer. Since he and my mom live right next door it was a quick save and dinner was only 10 minutes late!
Today I made a double batch but decided to can it instead of freezing it. This way it won't be taking up much needed freezer space and the enchilada sauce will be safe. You can find the recipe on my Eating from the Homestead blog here.
Jelly jars are the perfect serving size. Pressure canning time is 75 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment