Thursday, February 22, 2018

Pork Bone Broth

I'm still working on making freezer space. On today's list was to start clearing out the two extremely large bags of pork bones from our last butchering of hogs. I filled my large stock pot a little over half full with frozen bones. To them I added carrots, celery, garlic, black pepper and 1/3 c apple cider vinegar. I covered the bones completely with water, brought them to a boil and then turned them to the lowest setting on my stove. I will let them cook for at least 24 hours.
The broth has been simmering about 6 hours now and is starting to smell delicious! It looks like I have enough bones for at least 2 more batches, if not 3. Once this is done I will skim the fat and can it. After I have sipped on a cup or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment