Wednesday, February 21, 2018

I had errands to run this morning and didn't make an early barn check. This afternoon when doing chores I noticed Tana, my dairy goat that's due soon had bagged up considerably overnight. I think babies will be here sooner than later! I moved her to the barn where it is dry so she doesn't wander off and have them on the damp ground somewhere. She seems content and I will definitely be making some late night checks until the kids arrive.
I was excited to see the UPS guy drop a box at my gate. It was some dehydrated beans from Harmony House. We do keep large amounts of dried beans on hand but of course they take lots of water and hours to cook. Dehydrated beans have been cooked once and then dehydrated and only take 10-15 minutes to cook and much less water. These are going to be made into "meals in a jar" or mylar bags for a quick, easy meal or to take on trips to the mountain property. They will also be useful for emergencies like power outages. (more on those meals soon 😉)
I ordered a couple of other small items that I will need but plan to do most of my own in the upcoming months. I love to dehydrate and always do lots of tomatoes along with a few other veggies. I plan to amp up my dehydrating skills this year and try some new and different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment