Monday, February 19, 2018

Canning Zuppa Toscana Soup

The freezers are full of all kinds of sausage. In a month or so 4 more pigs will be going to the processor and I need to make some room. Last night's supper was Zuppa Toscana soup made with our hot Italian sausage. It was delicious served alongside a sandwich made with homemade bread.
I have had the itch to can for the last couple of weeks and after all was said and done and an enormous amount of soup stared back at me, well that is what I did.
Now, traditionally Zuppa is made with heavy cream. You can't can cream. So, I took out what we were eating for the night, added cream and put the rest in the fridge. I will can it like that and like last night when I open it add the cream. Simple enough!
Jars are ready to be wiped down and tucked in the pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment