Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

The only fireworks going off around here today were the ones in my head where I was fighting an intense urge not to strangle my husband. Last night at 8 o'clock he decided we would head to the VA farm and run fence tomorrow. Not such a bad idea except for the fact that I had to mix sourdough right then for the store and deliver it today as we would leave before daylight. To top it off when I reached for the starters in the fridge they had stuck together and came crashing out on the floor along with a carton of yogurt. No, I have not been in one of my better moods today.....
In the end bread was baked and delivered, all 14 loaves and the kitchen cleaned. I mowed while he was out picking up the last of the supplies.

Then we were off to the garden to dig the potatoes. Sis and brother-in-law joined us and we harvested almost 7 bushels. Not our best harvest but good enough.
 Red
Yukon
Purple

For supper we enjoyed a freshly dug baked red potato. Oh my, so creamy and moist. Good food and a strong cocktail always make things better. He is forgiven. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment