Monday, July 28, 2014

Roasted Red Peppers

One of my favorite sauces is a roasted red pepper sauce that is divine over pasta, zucchini noodles, chicken, crab cakes or licked off the spoon! I use the roasted peppers for other things too, but the sauce is my favorite.
Today I was gifted with a huge basket of peppers and since most of ours are still green I gladly took it. I washed and dried them and then coated each pepper with a thin layer of coconut oil. (Use any high heat oil of your choice tho)
 Then I placed them on a baking pan and broiled them turning each one as they blackened.

 Once done I put them in a large casserole dish and covered them with the lid. I let them cool for at least 30 minutes.
Next I peeled and seeded them and laid them on wax paper. They were then popped in the freezer. Using the tip of a sharp knife I pried them off the wax paper and put into freezer bags for use all winter long.

No comments:

Post a Comment