Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mother Nature is such a tease. The last couple of weeks have been a roller coaster ride from snow, sun & warmth, ice, sun & warmth back to ice. Little tastes of spring in between the final nastiness of winter.
Last weekend during one of the spring teases I was able to get the onions in the ground. Around 800 were planted. Beautiful long rows....

That was until one very bad baby malinois,(yes that would be Ziva), ran right down through the middle of them. And so I got to stand about half of them back up. Needless to say, she will be banned from garden work this summer. A cute face will not save her.....
Though I have been itching to get my hands in the dirt I dare not do too much until the weather stabilizes a bit more. I have contented myself with cleanup chores. The front beds have been tidied up but others are being left under the cover of leaves. Many bulbs and daylilies are peeking out of the ground. Not yet I say, not yet...
The first lamb was born this past week. A lovely little Jacob/Icelandic cross ewe.
The coming weekend is supposed to be the beginning of several days in a row of warmer and more stable temps. Let's hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment