Friday, January 10, 2014

What We Have Is What We Will Eat!

I am so thankful that we are prepared and that our pantry and freezers are stocked with good homegrown food, beans and grains.
Why you ask? Here is why...
Today I saw the gas truck headed down the drive to fill our tank. I was busy doing other things but it crossed my mind that it had been a while since I had seen them. Later in the afternoon I found out how long a while it has been. July was the last time and they had let our tank drop to 5%. And what would any good gas company do being that they almost let us run out? Of course they would fill our tank! My eyes almost popped out of my head when I found the bill tucked in the door.
Now I am a budgeter. I keep track of things pretty darn well.( I even have a puppy budget for when we make the choice!) Somehow though, this had slipped my mind when Fall approached and on that front I was not prepared. So needless to say, things will be pretty tight here for the next few weeks.

Not to worry.We have all we need. Plenty of critter food and people food and I will just have to be a bit creative!  

No comments:

Post a Comment