Monday, June 28, 2010

Plum Crazy!


The last few days we have picked several bushels of plums. Of course we can't use all of them, so we have shared the bounty with family and friends. In addition to eating until we can hold no more, they have been turned into jams, jellies and syrups.
I have also been playing with my dehydrator again. Today I dehydrated yellow squash. It turned out really pretty. The true test will be the taste. I plan to try some later this week before I fill the pantry full! I have also made deer jerky this week as well as fill containers with herbs like parsley and summer savory. Sage and thyme are next on the list. I ordered the plastic inserts to go in the trays so that I can do fruit roll ups and vegetable powders. Maybe they will arrive before all the plums are gone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment