Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Pickled Peppers and Blueberry Syrup

I am really thankful I got the garden picked down yesterday because it has stormed off and on all day today. By the end of the day we had gotten right at 3 inches of rain. That was ok because I had plenty to do in the kitchen!
First I sliced up all the jalapenos I picked yesterday and got them pickled.
Then onto making blueberry syrup. I cooked the berries down and drained them for a couple of hours. Then I added sugar and let simmer for a while. At the end a splash of vanilla. Yum.
 I really would have liked it thicker but I was getting tired and still had evening chores to do and it was going to be a sloppy mess for sure. However, at the end of the day 12 jars of peppers and 8 jars of syrup ready to be put away for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment