Monday, April 20, 2015

We were up early to haul lambs and our first Kune Kune pig to be butchered. Though we have a plant 20 minutes away I was not pleased with them last year when lambs were processed. So we make the hour long trek to Taylorsville and Mayes Meats. My only issue with them is that they NEVER get in a hurry. We wait to unload. We wait to fill out cutting sheets. I am sure I will have to wait when I pick them up too. There will be lamb available in two weeks for those interested.

It was nice to see some sunshine again after yesterday's torrential rain. But with the sun came afternoon thunderstorms and some areas were hit hard with large hail. I had the news on when they broke in to warn that it was headed our way within 30 minutes. I flew outside and moved all of the blueberries and blackberries undercover. I did not want to take any chances of loosing the fruit that is starting to set. Our current patch was hit hard by the last cold snap and I think we will only get half of what was to be an awesome harvest. The potted flowers were drug to safety too. Panting and exhausted I hurried back inside just as the thunder started rolling. We were lucky, only some pea size hail and no damage done. I guess tomorrow I will move all of those plants back out from under the shed!


No comments:

Post a Comment