Thursday, April 24, 2014

Catch and Release

The squirrel population around here has begun to wreak havoc on the farm. Not only have they eaten almost every flower bulb I have planted but destroyed several pots of spinach and lettuce plants. Last year I did not get one fig, just watched as they happily sat on the roof and ate every one. Grrr.. This spring they have invaded the garden and if something is not done the tomatoes and corn will be in peril.
So, I have taken it upon myself to relocate the little varmints. Thus far 16 have been taken to the property where my husband has his machinery.
 If this doesn't work I will be forced to take more drastic measures. My grandmother taught me how to fry squirrel and make a most delicious gravy. You hear me squirrels?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment