Saturday, November 2, 2013

An Impromptu Shearing

A late evening email last night let us know the shearers would be arriving today after noon some time, sent us scurrying. The barn was knee deep in hay and had to be scraped and the sheep were scattered here and there in several pastures. Austin sheared alone this time as Jess is expecting their first baby and has been banned from shearing. 3 1/2 hours and 18 sheep later we had the most magnificent pile of fleeces!! I am sooo excited! These are probably the best we have ever had and I can't wait to play with them. I will probably have about half commercially spun into "Lopi" yarn and the other carded into roving for all the hand spinners out there.
The sheep on the other hand are not near as excited as I am... me thinks they think it is a bit chilly to be naked!

No comments:

Post a Comment