Friday, November 8, 2013

All Things Pumpkin

My mom recently gifted me with some lovely local pie pumpkins. Pie pumpkins are tan in color and tend to have more "meat" to them.
I had purchased a beautiful decorative bread pan from William Sonoma and couldn't wait to try it out so I cooked the smallest pumpkin. I made 8 pumpkin breads over the next week. I just couldn't stop myself, they were just so darn cute!
Then I stumbled on a baked pumpkin donut recipe. Little donuts, big donuts, all so yummy!
I did share with friends and family but finally they and my husband said enough! So, I froze the second pumpkin in 2 cup increments for future pumpkin projects. One lonely pumpkin to go..... This one will be pies for Thanksgiving and maybe one more of those cute little breads before the pan is retired for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment