Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Simple Sunday


Today was cloudy, cold and rainy. The early chores completed, I was able to spend most of the day in the house doing simple things. I made butter and Mozzarella cheese. A large pot of white chili simmered on the stove. I started the goat cheese that will be finished tomorrow and got our cereal for the week made. Lastly I tried my hand at making tortillas. My son loves wraps and I just can't bring myself to buy those that are loaded with a bunch of junk. So with his help we commenced to mixing and rolling. Such a simple process. Flour, butter, baking powder, salt and water. When we finished we had a dozen tortillas. The key to keeping them soft and pliable is to put them in a bag or container and close it to let them steam. The next ones I make I will use spelt flour for a little more added nutrition and flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment