Friday, September 11, 2020

Never Forget

 What a somber day it was. I like everyone else will never forget where I was and what I was doing when the towers were hit. My heart morns every soul lost and is grateful for all the brave men, women and search and rescue dogs for all their sacrifices. I remember weeks afterwards I'd look at the sky, see a plane and feel a knot in my stomach. Let's never forget. God bless America.

On a somewhat brighter note I finally harvested my Greasy Beans. They are an old Appalachia pole bean. Years ago I was gifted a bag of them that had been dried by stringing them up and letting them hang for several weeks and are called leather britches. I found some seeds this spring and have been excited to try yet another way of preserving the harvest. I strung them on dental floss but any type of thin string will work.

How cool is that? So far I have 3 strings done with more beans to harvest. I'll share the end results in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment