Friday, July 26, 2019

Freeze Dried Food


We have been storing freeze dried food for some time for long term storage. The company I purchase from for the most part has a 25 (or longer) year shelf life. The other day I was making soup and realized I was out of carrots. I opened a can that had been hanging out on the shelf for quite a while. They were  perfect. I vacuumed sealed the rest and they can sit there another 10 years if needed. This prompted me to try a few more things... chicken salad and beef stew were just a couple. Now, that being said, would I want to live on freeze dried? No. However, I will definitely be adding more to our stores as it was good, quick and absolutely no waste. I plan to have a "freeze dried" meal a couple of times a month. When I do I'll share my recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment