Friday, March 20, 2015

A Sure Sign Of Spring

Today is the first day of Spring. It dawned cloudy and cold. Though here on the homestead it isn't the calender that tells me this, it is the arrival of the meat chicks. Yes the call came early. I hurried over to get them and put them in the warmth of the brooders that were plugged up and waiting.They were a day late in arriving so I wanted to get them settled with food and water as soon as possible. However, when I got to the barn one of the brooders was dark and cold. Seems some switch went out overnight. Thank God they were a day late!! That could have been quite catastrophic. 45 minutes later I had it working again with a back up light just in case. I double insulated the brooder with feed bags for extra warmth for the next couple of days until warmer weather arrives again.
Happy( and warm!) little birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment